The Evidence & Conclusion Ontology is developed on GitHub. If you are interested in getting involved and want to contribute to the project, we encourage you to contact us.
Direct download of the ontology with a web browser:
You may download ECO ontology files using a web browser. For the most recent release, navigate to the GitHub repository and click on eco.obo or eco.owl. The full file will load into your browser. Next, click on “Raw” on the upper right side of the page and save according to your preferred method.
Raw files are here:
Command-line access for downloading the ontology
For those familiar with the command line, please download ECO from our GitHub repository using git:
git clone https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology.git
Complete instructions are here: https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology/tree/master/editors
Here you can download the latest OWL and OBO release. Historical releases are also available for download.
Contains final updates to ensure all classes are defined.
Includes addition of `eco-base` and `eco-basic` products
2018-05-22 release - fixes placement of `molecular_function`.
May 2018 release updates:
* Add over 500 "used in manual" and "used in automatic" terms
* Remove "experimental genomic evidence" and recategorize children
* Clean import files and ontology metadata
* Clarify children of "author statement"
April 2018 release updates:
* Merging of the 'bioassays' branch for review of 'biological assay evidence'
* Addition of OBI mapping logic to children of 'cell-based assay evidence'
* Addition of 68 OMP terms
* Addition of exact synonyms of terms as broad synonyms of their manual assertion children (see #163)
* Merges imported terms from OBI & GO
* Some logic added under 'transcript expression evidence'
Release 2018-01-09 changes:
* Addition of ECO:0007008 'radioligand binding assay evidence'
- Merged lost alt IDs from initial GitHub release
- Add definitions for terms missing definitions
- Ensure standardized definitions for 99.99% of terms
Nov 2017 release.
Add provenance for SIB terms.
Update of makefile
Addition of new HTP GO code mappings
Unscheduled release to fix go_groupings
Fix namespace character change from "/" to "#"
* Revert back to dbxrefs for 'definition source'
* Revert back to created_by instead of 'term editor'
* Fixed an issue with escaped colons in the eco.obo file
ECO has been released into the public domain under CC0.
Command-line, GUI & IDE access for developers
If you are a developer already contributing to the ECO project, see complete instructions for checking out and editing here: https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology/tree/master/editors
If you are not a developer but would like to contribute, we’d love to hear from you! Please either submit a tracker issue request or contact the ECO team.