The Evidence & Conclusion Ontology is developed on GitHub. If you are interested in getting involved and want to contribute to the project, we encourage you to contact us.
Direct download of the ontology with a web browser:
You may download ECO ontology files using a web browser. For the most recent release, navigate to the GitHub repository and click on eco.obo or eco.owl. The full file will load into your browser. Next, click on “Raw” on the upper right side of the page and save according to your preferred method.
Raw files are here:
Command-line access for downloading the ontology
For those familiar with the command line, please download ECO from our GitHub repository using git:
git clone https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology.git
Complete instructions are here: https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology/tree/master/editors
Here you can download the latest OWL and OBO release. Historical releases are also available for download.
Resolves #245 - removes external ontology links from OBO file.
This release contains a fix for #245 where three GO terms were incorrectly showing up in the OBO file.
This release includes:
* 'example of usage' annotations from journal publications
* New terms from #236
* 'mutant phenotype evidence' (ECO:0000015)
* 'double mutant phenotypic evidence' (ECO:0000054)
* 'plasmid maintenance assay evidence' (ECO:0000340)
* 'deletion mutation phenotypic evidence' (ECO:0001038)
* 'computational evidence' (ECO:0007672)
* 'genomic context evidence' (ECO:0000177) moved under 'similarity evidence'
* Some 'used in X assertion' axioms fixed to infer superclasses correctly for 'curator inference' classes
* 'knockout evidence' (ECO:00010910) renamed 'knockout phenotypic evidence'
Includes fixes to `eco.obo`.
Release 2019-05-14. Includes date fix for #227 as well as NTR additions.
* Fixes ISO date format on some new terms
* Remove unintended parent from ECO:0000245
End of March release. Includes additional 'used in X assertion' terms, new term requests, and branch clean-ups.
Release 2019-01-04 changes:
- Experimental phenotypic evidence branch review
- New term: 'single-cell RNA-sequencing evidence'
Includes addition of new combinatorial evidence classes and new computational evidence top-level class.
Contains final updates to ensure all classes are defined.
Includes addition of `eco-base` and `eco-basic` products
2018-05-22 release - fixes placement of `molecular_function`.
May 2018 release updates:
* Add over 500 "used in manual" and "used in automatic" terms
* Remove "experimental genomic evidence" and recategorize children
* Clean import files and ontology metadata
* Clarify children of "author statement"
April 2018 release updates:
* Merging of the 'bioassays' branch for review of 'biological assay evidence'
* Addition of OBI mapping logic to children of 'cell-based assay evidence'
* Addition of 68 OMP terms
* Addition of exact synonyms of terms as broad synonyms of their manual assertion children (see #163)
* Merges imported terms from OBI & GO
* Some logic added under 'transcript expression evidence'
Release 2018-01-09 changes:
* Addition of ECO:0007008 'radioligand binding assay evidence'
- Merged lost alt IDs from initial GitHub release
- Add definitions for terms missing definitions
- Ensure standardized definitions for 99.99% of terms
Command-line, GUI & IDE access for developers
If you are a developer already contributing to the ECO project, see complete instructions for checking out and editing here: https://github.com/evidenceontology/evidenceontology/tree/master/editors
If you are not a developer but would like to contribute, we’d love to hear from you! Please either submit a tracker issue request or contact the ECO team.